Thursday 23 February 2017
Derelict sites are a blight in middle of housing crisis
Category: INDOpinion Posted on 16 Feb 2017
One of the most eye-opening observations I’ve heard made by Eoghan Ryan, one of the founders of Reimagine Cork, is that when he returned home from Australia, he was shocked by how the city looked.read more...
Should Cork have a directly elected mayor?
Category: INDOpinion Posted on 09 Feb 2017 by Brian HayesCurtin
The issue of whether Cork should have a directly elected mayor is one of the topics which will be discussed at the second annual public lecture series of UCC’s Centre for Local and Regional Governance next Thursday night. The theme for the event is ‘The Challenge of Local Government Modernisation’ and the four speakers are Micheál Martin TD, Dr Theresa Reidy (UCC), Rachel Wall and Professor Colin Copus (both De Montfort University). The closing...read more...
Why women still need to march
Category: INDOpinion Posted on 02 Feb 2017 by Wendy Good
I’m a feminist. Chew it up and just swallow it. Maybe in college I thought that meant I needed to stop shaving, throw my bras in a storage bin for a semester, cut my hair and keep cutting it shorter, and throw away the one tube of mascara I owned (that was probably already three years old). I realised, though, that by trying to fit into some imaginary box of what a feminist is supposed to look like, I was kind of missing the point. Women have...read more...
- More needs to be done for private renters in all locations headline
- Final push to ensure Christmas is SHARED
- Ireland caught between an EU rock and a Brexit hard place Dr Declan Jordan, UCC School of Economics Ireland caught between an EU rock and a Brexit hard place
- Public pay increases are of deep concern in disability community
- We need to invest in our libraries
- Trump’s policies are bad news for US and global economies
- Free legal help for victims of mother and baby homes
Copyright © 2011-2017 Cork Independent