Friday 19 October 2018

CorkHi17°| Lo11°

Cork Independent

Your Space

Grab a coffee at Marymount

Thursday, 18th May, 2017 1:00am

The people of Cork are eternally grateful to Marymount for providing peace and comfort to their loves ones – but Marymount wants to say thanks to the people of Cork too!

On Thursday 25 May, all Corkonians are invited to a coffee morning from 10.30am to 12pm at Marymount. The event is part of the 96FM Giving For Living 2017 Radiothon campaign and 96FM will be broadcasting from there on the day.

“We are completely indebted to the people of Cork for their huge support of the work of Marymount, which allows us to continue to provide our services,” said Paula McGovern, Head of Fundraising and Communications.

“Not only was the majority of the capital cost of the building generated by funds raised by the public but each year, we receive huge donations and support from people, which ensures we can continue to provide our services. We would love to see our supporters here on the day so that they can see for themselves where their fundraising income goes.”

She continued: “In 2016, Marymount supported more than 3,000 families throughout the Cork area. It receives 70 per cent of its revenue from the state, leaving a gap of 30 per cent, or €3million, which fundraising needs to generate in order to continue to provide the current level of service provision.

“ There is also still an outstanding debt of €7 million on the capital cost of the €60 million development of the new facility in Curraheen.”

The coffee morning coincides with the opening of new family rooms and relaxation area, made possible with funds raised from the 2016 96FM Giving for Living Radiothon.

“This is an important addition to our services. Often families are travelling from long distances, while going through difficult personal circumstances, and we do our best to accommodate as many people as we can.

“The newly-redecorated rooms – kindly supported with significant discounts from Harvey Norman and Acme Blinds – mean that families have a space to relax and take time out within the Marymount facility,” Ms McGovern said.

• See marymount.ie for more

ePaper Service

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8
Desktop, Tablet & Smartphone friendly
Cookies on Cork Independent website
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. We also use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Cork Independent website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time by amending your browser settings.
How does Cork Independent use cookies?
Cookies enable us to identify your device, or you when you have logged in. We use cookies that are strictly necessary to enable you to move around the site or to provide certain basic features. We use cookies to enhance the functionality of the website by storing your preferences, for example. We also use cookies to help us to improve the performance of our website to provide you with a better user experience.
We don't sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Hide Message