Key info for attendees at Joy in the Park
Joy In The Park will take place this Sunday 23 July from 11am until 6pm in Fitzgerald's Park. This year's stellar line-up includes The Frank & Walters, John Spillane, Aoife Scott, Karen Underwood, Pontious Pilate & The Naildrivers with loads more music, spoken word, children’s entertainment, circus, storytelling, arts & crafts, food stalls, wellness activities and a mental health support hub.
- Joy In The Park is a free event for all the community.
- Fitzgerald Park is in a residential area and all public attending the event are asked to please respect the privacy and interests of the local community.
- All children under 12 attending the event MUST be accompanied at all times by a parent/ guardian aged over 18.
- This is an outdoor event and the public are advised to dress appropriately and bring sunscreen if needed.
- The public are welcome to bring picnics to the event. For hydration, there are two water stations at the park and attendees are encouraged to bring refillable water bottles.
- There will be food & refreshments for sale in the park.
- There is no alcohol being served at this event and no alcohol is permitted in the park.
- Parking on Mardyke Walk will be limited to residents and blue badge holders only on this day.
- There is very limited parking around Fitzgerald's Park and the public are encouraged to use public transport or travel by foot, with the park being within walking distance of the city.
- Fitzgerald's Park is well served by public transport with the 220, 220x and 208 having drop- off points along the Western Road adjacent to the park. You can your journey online from anywhere in Ireland to the venue via www.transportforireland.ie.
- Car parks with paid parking are located in the following areas:
Sacred Heart Catholic Church Carpark (0.75km)
Q-Park St Finbarr's (distance 1.1km)
Q-Park Grand Parade (distance 1.6km)
Paul Street Car Park (distance 2km)
Q-Park Carroll's Quay (distance 2.3km)
Q-Park City Hall (distance 3.1km)
- Please remember to check the opening and closing times with your chosen car-park to avoid the risk of your vehicle getting locked in.
The Cork Independent are proud media partner to Joy in the Park.
Keep up to date with all the latest info by: following facebook.com/Joyintheparkcork – instagram.com/joyintheparkcork visiting www.joyinthepark.com.